Monday, August 15, 2011

National Champs course and new tires.

Some photos have been posted up over the last few days of the US National Champs course. I'll be heading down there at the end of September for the race. The venue is at Beech Mountain in North Carolina. It's a brand new venue with a new course, so it should be an even playing field, which will be fun to see. Chris Herndon is designing/building the track and looking at the photos, it looks good. I'm assuming it's steeper than it looks in the photos, but other than that, looks technical and rough.

I see rocks...
I see jumps...
and I see hucks to flat!


US National Champs Course Preview pinkbike.com

In other news, I also go some new tires this weekend. Tires are really expensive and Maxxis has been the standard for a decade now, but a few other companies are making a comeback in the tire market. I've ridden Kenda tires in the past and the tread patterns were good, but the compounds were always too hard. That's changed now and I just got a shipment of tires with Kenda's new RCR compound. It's a 42 durometer compound and the Nexcavator looks like a Minion with more mud shedding capabilites. I've been riding the 2.35" version and after the way it's been hooking up, I can't wait to get on the 2.5" for the big bike.
The Nexcavator! This is the 2.35" version.
Open tread pattern and soft compound. It's a good mix for the NW!
The other one I'm really excited about is the Happy Medium. It reminds me of a Highroller semi-slick. It has great cornering knobs with a semi-slick center tread. I've been running that tire on my Dreamliner and it works great. Fast rolling and great cornering! I can't wait to see what else Kenda comes out with in the near future.


-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment