Thursday, October 13, 2011

Stevens Pass Filming Trip

Andy wasn't messing around and brought out the big equipment!
I commuted from Charlotte to work on Monday morning and as soon as I was done with work, I headed home and picked up my trailer. I met up with Andy Tran at work on Tuesday and we left from my office to Stevens Pass. Stevens Pass is a ski area about an hour and a half east of Everett. They have been in work on a bike park for the last 7 years. They finally got all of the approval neccessary and broke ground this summer. Andy and I have been talking about doing some filming again, but the hardest part is finding something new to shoot. Stevens wasn't even open yet, so it seemed like a great place to go. After a few calls with Joel Martinez and Chris Rudolph, the bike park manager and head of marketing, we were set to film.
It was nice waking up and seeing this!

I awoke on Wednesday morning in the parking lot and built my bike, which was still in the box from National Champs. It poured all night long, so I was able to leave my mud spikes on! Joel met up with us and shuttled Andy and me to the top of the hill. Rylie and I managed to get a few laps in as a warm up while Andy got all set up to film.
Rylie resting after testing out the DH course

Billy Lewis joined us that morning and the plan was for me to film in the morning, then head to work, while Billy filmed in the afternoon. I was going to come back up from work that night and we could shoot again the next day.

Getting ready to drop in for the first run!
Filming went well and the trails were really fun. I can't wait to race Slingshot Wookie (The DH course). Billy wasn't able to make it up the second day, so we had to figure out how to do an intro and exit without him around. It's hard to make a video with a "storyline" different from everyone rolling up and hopping out of a truck. Andy and I decided to film me breaking into the area and being caught and turned into a jump for the finish, just as something different than the norm.

Without further adieu, here is our final video!


Diamondback DF5 Riders Shred Stevens Pass from Diamondback Bicycles on Vimeo.

I've talked to Stevens, and they want to do some more photo/video shoots in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment