Friday, June 15, 2012

Team Trip - Bend OR

Last year we had our team trip in southern Utah which was such a fun trip! This year was a little closer to home (for me anyways) in Bend Oregon. I went to Bend a long time ago with my family, but I haven't been there since. I've heard the riding was great and was excited to go down there.
The trip had a grand total of 29 bikes for 8 people!

The first day we rode the deschutes river trail. That was the trail I rode years ago. It follows the river bank and is a nice view the whole way. The purpose of the trip was to get some good photos for the website and online catalog. We stopped along the way and grabbed some great shots.
Deschutes River Trail.
Along the trail we found a rope swing. Charlie, being the newest team member, was forced to try it.
He obliged.

In the afternoon we rode the Whoops trail. That was so much fun! The trail has a bunch of small jumps and berms down a gradual slope. I was loving that trail and would go to Bend again just to ride it! We ended up taking photos on a berm and shredding it to pieces! I pulled a tire off my rim and Charlie blew his tire apart cornering! 
Top of the Whoops trail.

Sunday we rode some more fun stuff. We started by riding Funner trail with Lev and Kirt Voreis. They were great tour guides as expected and the trail was once again amazing. Slightly downhill the whole way and high speed wide turns. I stole Porter's Sortie 29 and didn't want to give it back. That is the perfect bike for Bend.
Proof that even robots smile on 29'ers.
Loading up the Cog Wild shuttle truck in the morning.

We spent the the next day riding Cline Butte. Cline is awesome. We got some great shots on the DH bikes and the trail was really fun. Rocky and Dry! I have having a lot of fun and Justin Olsen was getting some great photos. We ended the day with a berm busting session in the parking lot before heading back.
My van at the top of the Butte. The view from here was amazing!
The motley crew

I  got a lot of shots in the first few days, so I opted to head home a little early and save some days off from work. The rest of the team continued to Mackenzie River and some of the shots looked GREAT! I really missed out, but now I have a few more free days to play with for the rest of the year.
We stopped at Skibowl for a little break. Hopefully all that snow has melted by this weekend!

Keep an eye out for the shots on the Diamondback website over the next few months!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment