Thursday, February 6, 2014

Face update, Los Angeles, Seahawk Parade

So my face was a little messed up the next day. I had some interesting looks at work on Monday, but everything has healed up and almost back to normal now.
Monday morning. Not my best look. 
The downside with having my face smashed up, beyond trouble eating, breathing, talking, sleeping, etc, was that we were going to visit my niece and nephew 5 days later! Ruth and I hopped on a plane Thursday night and flew down to LA.

My half sister and her family treated us to an amazing weekend. Universal Studios, hanging out on the beach, an amazing super bowl party, and good times with the family.  We had a great time and can't wait until this fall to see them again!

The Seahawks cheering section!
Universal Studios
In case you've lived under a rock, you have heard that the Seahawks won the Super Bowl! As is tradition, the home city hosts a parade for the returning champions. The parade was mid day on Wednesday, and this is the first time the Seahawks have won, so I wanted to attend the parade. It was absolutely INSANE!!! IT took 4 hours to get downtown. I couldn't believe how many people were crammed downtown. It was wall to wall people all cheering for the 'hawks!
The waiting line for the train was very "Seattle" 

Everyone was heading downtown. I'd hate to have been a visitor today. 

The most people I've ever seen in one place. 

Russel Wilson rolling through town.
Living in Seattle for the last few weeks has been so much fun. The city has had so much energy, it was amazing to see everyone come together. Hopefully this town stays this way. It's been amazing!

Until next time!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment