Thursday, January 12, 2012

Supercross Season, E-27, New Jumps at Duthie

NW local Ryan Villopoto scores the win at A1!
Supercross season is finally here! The last few years I've become a fan of watching the supercross series which started last weekend in Anaheim CA. In order to celebrate the start of the season, I met up with John and Tye to ride moto! I'm still hunting for a bike, but fortunatley, Tye has a spare CR 250. The plan was to go ride at Walker Valley, but the night before got a little late. To make everything easier, we stayed at Johns house and rode his endurocross track around the property. He's got a pretty sweet set up, an endurocross practice loop, some fun tight trails in the trees, a big table top and open fields to twist the throttle!
John ripping through the course
 Yeah, she will ride with the dirt bike just like a bicycle. Needless to say, she was tired that night!
With the ride over, everyone got cleaned up and we met up with Ruth at Rooney's in Woodinville. The bar was rented out for a supercross party! We grabbed a table, ordered some drinks and cheered on the races!
We were the first people there, the place was packed by the time the SX main came around.
I've been riding a bunch of XC lately. With all of the ongoing issues at Tokul, I've tried to change my rides up lately. One of the places I haven't been in a while is Exit 27. My little truck has been running well lately too, so earlier this week, I loaded it up with Rylie and my XC bike and set off for a mid morning adventure.
The go-cart all loaded up!
I like riding my DB Mission at 27. The trails are DH/Freeride, but the hike up is a long fire road. On the XC bike, you can pedal to the top and do multiple laps, plus the fitness benefit of pedaling! I thought I could take the road all the way to the top of Washington trail if I did some additional riding based on a vauge memory I had from looking at a map a year ago. Turns out, my memory wasn't as good as I thought and I ended up with a little longer of a fireroad ride than I had anticipated. It was ok though, because the view was great!
Awesome view of the Snoqualmie Valley.
I awoke today and realized that the only bike I've ridden since October was my XC bike. Looking out over my quiver, my hardtail looked to be in the best ridable shape. (Hey, it's wintertime, my bikes need some love!) I loaded up the Caddy and headed with Rylie to Duthie. I hadn't ridden anything other than XC there in a while and was excited to see all of the new building that is taking shape on the eastside of the park. It's great to see some bigger jumps being built and steep lips and landings!
Jon Steinbis testing out the new jumps with Weaver looking on.
Anyways, it's supposed to snow here this weekend, I'm thinking about doing the Stinky Spoke ride, and hopefully I'll own a house in two weeks! Until next time, get off your couch and go ride!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment