Friday, January 27, 2012

Duthie Hill Destruction - Walker Valley Morning Ride

The snow from last weeks "storm" is finally gone, but the end of the storm involved a bunch of freezing rain. The freezing rain sticks to trees and leaves a huge mess of debris all over the trails. I went out to Duthie a few times this week to do some maintenance. The trails have so much debris that King County actually closed the park. Rylie and I went through and moved as much as we could by hand and then came back with Nolan and Kevin and a few chainsaws for the rest. Enjoy some before and after photos.

Looking up Step-It-Up. Before...
After. There was still a surprising amount of snow. Most of it is gone now.
Tree being uprooted.

A different tree fully uprooted.

This is looking from the lower bridge on big tree down Step-It-Up.
All clear now!
More debris.

and cleared.
 Tyler and I are planning on riding moto again this weekend, but I couldn't wait any longer. After staring at Google Maps, I decided I could get up early and go ride at Walker Valley before having to go to work. I loaded up with Rylie and headed north early on Wednesday morning. I took Rylie on a few short loops to wear her out, then I headed out for some fun. It was wierd riding by myself, but fun at the same time. I kept the ride pretty mellow but it was amazing being on a loud, complex, machine, yet miles away from the nearest person. The trails were in great shape and I can't wait to get back up there again.


The only one in the gravel pit.

The weather was nice
The views were great!    


We were supposed to close on our house this week, but due to the weather it got pushed to the end of next week. I'm going crazy waiting for everything. I drove by yesterday and all of the work (being done prior to us moving in) is complete. The re-appraisal happened today. Just a matter of printing the documents and signing on the line now!

One last parting image. This guy is definitely on Team Robot's Kill List.
Jeans with an apple outline? Apple bottom jeans, yeah, you'll die first.
-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment