Friday, January 13, 2012

Tiger Summit

Made it to the top! They need to clear some trees. The North Dakotan in me has a desire to see for miles!
I awoke this morning and decided that I wanted to do something a little different. So Rylie and I headed over to the Sunset drive parking area and headed up the hiking trail with a goal of the Tiger Mtn. summit for the  morning.
Rylie was disappointed that bridges crossed the big creeks. She prefers to get wet.
 I packed a Camelbak with water, Clif bars, Rylie's leash and my phone and headed out! The goal was to run as much of the hike as possible. I managed to run most of it, save for some of the steeper parts (both directions) The whole trail gains about 3000' of elevation, so needless to say, I'm a little tired and sore right now!
This was just a cool creek crossing

It made for a great change of pace. It's fun to do different things to stay motivated. I just registered for the Stinky Spoke poker run tomorrow too. It's a 18.5 mile mellow XC ride with beer and prizes. It sounded like a great way to spend a Saturday morning. Check back for photos next week!
January 13th, nearly 3000' of elevation. No snow. This winter has been awesome!
Get outside and do something!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment