Sunday, January 5, 2014

Burlington

The first trip I took to Seattle was for a riding contest in 2005. I had my mind blown by an event called "The Gathering." The Gathering was a two part contest. The first part was and indoor dirt jump contest. The second part was a skatepark contest. Now that I live here, those places are gone. The indoor DJ area is now a car dealership and the indoor skatepark is now a warehouse. A few weeks ago however, a new indoor dirt jump area opened up north of Seattle in Burlington WA.
At the Gathering back in the day with Aaron Chase. It's crazy to think where my riding has taken me since this photo! 

Watching Cam Mccaul do one of the first MTB flip/drops

I've been wanting to get up to Burlington for a while, but haven't been able to make it happen. Tonight I was able to sneak away for a few hours and check it out. It was awesome! 
Jay and Stella surveying the park
Jay tried to get an action shot of me, but Iphones aren't the greatest at that. 
I met up with Billy Lewis and Jay Trautman and we had a Diamondback session. We arrived pretty late and the place was starting to clear out. By the end of the night we had it all to ourselves. 
Billy Lewis everyone. 
The night ended with Joe Prisel (The owner/builder, and shredder!) showing us the changes that are planned. The nice thing with making the park out of dirt is that changes can happen frequently to keep it interesting. 
Joe explaining the changes to Billy.
The park is amazing and I can't wait to go back! Maybe we can have another "Gathering" soon! Check out www.BurlingtonBikePark.com for more info/directions.


No comments:

Post a Comment