Saturday, January 4, 2014

I'm back!!!


Welcome back everyone! I know it's been a long time and I'm sorry. Racing, injuries, jobs changes and life have been all new lately. One of my new years resolutions is to update my blog regularly again. I also just picked up a Google Chromebook, so I now have a way to update my blog other than my phone.
The new blogging machine!
Last season was a bust for me. I dislocated my shoulder too many times and had surgery last May. That was the end of my race season.

Post surgery scar. 
Since then, I've done a lot of hiking, hunting, working on my house, adopting a new dog, traveling, etc, but there was still a big part of me missing. I missed riding my bike. The shoulder is all healed up and it's time to ride again. We were lucky enough to have Ruth's family come visit us for the holidays which was a lot of fun. Now that the house is empty again, I've been glued to my bike.

The house is a "little" project

This was a few weeks ago. It's looking a little more complete now. I'll post an updated photo when it's done. 
Today Billy Lewis and I decided to go exploring Tokul West. Tokul is a large hill that has two different sides, east and west. I've ridden the east side for years and it's always a good time. I've only ever ridden the west side once about 5 years ago. The east side is a little easier to access, which is why it gets ridden more frequently. However, it is currently being logged, so it was time to go exploring. Billy and I loaded up the dogs and set out to go get lost in the woods!
The parking lot at Tokul is busy as always, but the trails are usually empty.

Rylie enjoying the sunshine peaking through the forest

Stopping at the top of the last climb of the day...

... for a beer!

Sport (our new adopted Springer Spaniel) wondering why we are stopped

And cooling off at the end of the ride.
Leaving the parking lot with tired dogs!
After a long day of climbing fire roads, singletrack, hiking unnamed trails, and ripping sweet loamy trails back down, we called it a day. Time to go watch the Supercross season opener from Anaheim tonight!

Until next time...

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment