Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Monday morning photo shoot

Sweet Schleybletop while Rylie hits the cheater line

I spent most of my weekend relaxing and hanging out with my wife and some friends. The weather was beautiful and it was finally time to enjoy summer. I did a big XC ride on Sunday evening to make up for being lazy all weekend. I did the Duthie cloverleaf, Grand Ridge to Issaquah, back to Duthie for another cloverleaf and back home. It felt good to log some miles, but it changed my riding plans for this morning.
Rylie patiently waits for the next run

I wanted to get up and go do another big XC ride, but I got a message from photographer Ki Kopkau saying he, and my Diamondback teammate, Billy Lewis, were going to shoot some photos and ride at Duthie. I loaded up my bike, and Rylie, and headed over to jump the hardtail. It's always fun riding with Billy as he forces me to stop being a racer and to try and dirt jump. We sessioned a new jump on the DWB line and broke in some of the new fresh jumps on the GHY line.
Trying to get sideways on the DWB line

Billy is getting over the shoulder surgery he had this spring and is working on getting all of his tricks back. He isn't lacking for style though, and it's really fun to watch him in his element.

We set up a photo where I had to lead Billy through this tight little rhythm section and then he had to pass me through a hip on the inside while I railed a berm on the outside. Ki nailed the shot though and hopefully you'll see the photo used somewhere in the media world soon!
Pushing back up to do it again!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment