Friday, June 3, 2011

Van out of commission, AGAIN!

The new Diamondback livery

I love my van. I also sometimes hate my van. It's the best vehicle I've ever had and it has been pretty good to me so far. I've been logging the miles on it since I bought it in the spring of 2009. The 7.3 turbo powerstroke hasn't complained no matter what I tow behind it. It's taken me across the US along with being my daily driver. I'm hoping for at least 350,000 miles out of it before I start looking for something new.
I've been putting some distance on her!
A few weeks ago, before my trip to Colombia, I was driving to the grocery store and the van died. One towing bill and nearly $2500 later, it was back and running with new injectors and injector seals. I figured she would be good to go for another 200,000 miles but after dropping Ruth's car off at the dealer for a recall, the van sputtered and died on the way home. It was the exact same thing as what happened a few weeks ago. Hopefully the dealer forgot to do something and they can get it fixed soon without charging an arm and a leg. If you see me rolling up to a race in Ruth's yellow VW Beetle, now you know why.

No comments:

Post a Comment