Monday, June 13, 2011

Weekend Update

The weekend is over, Monday morning is here, and the race season is starting back up again from a 2 week hiatus. I started Saturday off by heading to Duthie Hill for the first anniversary bicycle celebration. Duthie has officially been open for a year now and more building is planned for the near future. I've been talking to Evergreen, the bicycle club that runs the park, and hopefully I can start building a mini-DH trail there soon. After all, I'll need a good trail to test my new set up on, but more about that in a later post.
Nolan has to hate this poster.

I had to leave Duthie a little early, so Ruth and I could head to Spokane for a friends wedding. Congratulations to John and Chelsey! I awoke from my champagne coma at 4am to get up and watch the third round of the UCI World Cup from Leogang Austria. www.freecaster.tv shows a live feed online and this was going to be a good race! American, Aaron Gwin, qualified first and all who were tuned in were treated to him decimating the field to gain his second world cup win of the season. Gwin is on a roll and seems to be unstoppable. Luke Strobel also had a good performance with another top 15 finish. Jill Kintner ended up crashing, which is too bad as she was on a blazing run with the fastest split times and the fastest speed trap. She's new to world cup DH, but will be on top of the podium soon. My fantasy team didn't fare as well, with Minnaar in 3rd, Mosely in 3rd, and Mic and Duncan crashing out. The only one who was worth his cost this weekend was Gracia who pulled an impressive 7th! I'm going to make some changes before the next race at Mt. St. Anne.
America. F*ck Yeah!
To top the weekend off, the dealer called and said the van's fuel tank is delaminating and clogging the fuel intake. The bad news is that a new tank, according to them, is $2500, the worse news is that they are backordered until July. Looks like I'm going to hit up Craigslist and the junkyards for a tank now.

Ruth's Dad is coming for a few days, so we've been busy cleaning the house, but I've got to get my Mission project finished this week so I can race the second round of the All Gravity Series this weekend at Silver Mt.  I'm hacksawing stuff this morning!

-KT

No comments:

Post a Comment